These are general recommendations:
New Sod or Seed Lawn:
- Rototill 1.5 cubic feet of SuperChar per 100 square feet.
Ground Cover Areas (Pre-plant):
- Rototill 1 cubic feet of SuperChar per 100 square feet.
Backfill for Container Plants/Specimen Trees:
Line bottom of plant holes with 2 inches of SuperChar. Amend backfill mix at the following rates: 1 Gallon: 2 cups
- 5 Gallon: 6 cups
- 15 Gallon: 1/2 cubic foot
- 24” Box: 1 cubic foot
- 36” Box: 2 cubic foot
- 48” Box: 4 cubic foot
- 60” Box: 8 cubic feet
- 72” Box: 12 cubic feet
Vegetables and Annual Color:
- Line bottom of plant holes and seed furrows with 1 inch of SuperChar. Set seeds or plants in place and cover with your favorite soil mix.
4” Perennials or Color Pots:
- Line bottom of plant holes with 1 inch of SuperChar. Add 1 cup of SuperChar per plant to backfill mix.
- Work 2 cups of SuperChar per plant in the soil into the root zone. Taking care not to damage shallow roots.
- Apply 2 cubic feet of SuperChar per 100 square feet. Work into the root zone.
- Top dress 1″ of SuperChar within the drip line of trees. Work SuperChar down into the root zone (min. 6″-8″) below surface. Apply a 2″ layer of mulch on top. Water.
- Add 1″ of SuperChar to top of your soil. Mix in gently. Water. Repeat every 2 months.
Back fill w/ potting soil:
- Mix 1 part of SuperChar to 4 parts of your favorite potting soil.